I made a great Sunday dinner tonight! Lots of compliments on all the dishes, so I wanted to share.
1. Ham & green beans
Asian inspired green beans & ham. I added them together as I originally bought only enough fresh green beans for two people & tonight's dinner was 5. I would definitely do it again.
- boil about 3 big handfuls of fresh green beans in water on stove for about 4 minutes, then drain & rinse under cold water to cool, drain & set aside.
- cut up a Black Forest ham into bite sized pieces.
- in a blender or magic bullet, combine 1/4 cup pistachio nuts, 2 tsp sesame oil, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup mayonnaise & 2 I so water.
- in a wok, simmer ham in 1/2 of the sauce until it is evenly heated & browned on the edges, about 15-25 minutes.
- add in green beans & remaining sauce. Cook until beans are tender & sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
2. Roasted potatoes
- cut 1-1 1/2 pounds of washed, unpeeled potatoes into 1 inch chunks, or use halved baby potatoes.
- place potatoes in a sock pot, fill with water until potatoes are covered. Bring to a boil & simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- drain & place in a large bowl.
- add to the bowl, 1 tbsp Olive oil, 1/2 tsp roasted garlic, 1/2 tsp adobo seasoning.
- add potatoes & lightly toss in Olive oil mixture until evenly coated.
- place on parchment-lined, or non stick baking sheet. There should be no overlapping of potatoes.
- place in 450 degree pre heated oven for 20 minutes or until potatoes are beginning to brown. For crispy potatoes, broil for 2-3 minutes.
- remove from oven & season with sea salt & freshly ground pepper.
3. Tomato salad.
- 6 Roma tomatoes, sliced into even bite sided pieces.
- add in 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp fresh oregano and salt & pepper. Stir gently & store in refrigerator until just ready to serve.
- add freshly grated Parmesan just before serving.
4. Cucumber salad
- 1-2 thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- optional, 1/4 cup thinly sliced white onion.
Mix all ingredients together, cover & place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. For best results make the night before.