Wednesday 23 May 2012

This is actually happening

haha, I have a bit of a funny story:


A few weeks ago, I made the decision to not run this upcoming weekend's marathon because I didn't feel I was ready for it. I had done great with training November-March and then totally done not-great with it as life got in the way, holidays came up, switched positions etc at work...basically I allowed myself to make excuses for why I didn't prepare as I should. So, I decided to register for the 10K instead. 


Then the confirmation emails/lists came out. 


I was on only one. 


The Marathon


So..I pondered this for several days and finally decided "LET'S DO THIS THING!" so on Sunday, I am running in my first marathon, in my home town, and I think that is awesome! I KNOW I will be sore, and it will hurt, but it does for everyone and if my legs hurt more than someone else's, how am I going to know that? 


Since I have made this decision, probably about 24 hours ago, I have not been nervous at all, which is a SUPER rare occurrence for me! I am contemplating what to wear as the weather is going to be weird I think. I have my food/water for the race down pat so that's no biggie. I am leaving the after-the-marathon-plan until, well, after the marathon, and I will see how I go. 


I don't have a time goal in mind. 


I am reasonably sure I will cry at the end, maybe in the middle too.


I MUST remember to bring lip gloss


My Garmin is charged, my iPod is charged. 


I still have three full days to wait!


I am excited. 


:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment