Saturday 26 November 2011

#RWRunStreak

Well, we've had our treadmill for a week and I've logged a bunch of miles. I would love to tell you exactly how many, but it seems our upgrade to speedier internet has wiped out my ifit history..oh joy! today was a 5K on the treadmill. It was listed under 'competition" but no one else seemed to be running it and I didn't see anyone else's progress as I went. There are runners online who have completed it, but my name is not showing up...something is funky with this new internet!

So I have committed to doing the Runners World Holiday Run Streak. Its a commitment over the holidays to run at least 1 mile each day between American Thanksgiving and New Years day. I started it on Nov 24 (American New Years) and its been great as it has changed my mindset from "will I run today?" to "WHEN will I run today". I love running, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it is easy for the excuses, or the energy drain of the day to get the better of me, so this was awesome to hear about.

I am going to have to be diligent about making the rest days only 1 mile days as the increase in mileage this past week has been making me feel drained. Its in a good way, but still I don't want to stress my body out and make this fun thing that I love feel like something I have to do.

Shaw was here today and upgraded our internet to a faster speed and also gave us cable. Its a pretty sweet deal - phone, internet, and cable for $54/month" we've had phone and internet with Shaw since we moved here and have always had Bell for TB so this is a change for sure. Theres no HD and no PVR..but we still have Bell as well so it will be interesting which one we use. I like the menu/guide on shaw, and the PVR and HD factor on Bell. With this deal with Shaw and with keeping Bell, we still save about $10 per month, so for now we are keeping both.

That is all for now, promise to come up with something more interesting in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment