Tuesday 17 January 2012

Its Tuesday

This is normally a run day for me and Mondays are a rest day, but I switched up this week. Yesterday my calf muscles were so tight that I thought a short 3 mile run would do it. I went SLOW and at the end my calves felt better but my shin was really sore. So I iced it for a bit and then it felt good but my calves hurt again. So, since I don't have a foam roller, I used a rolling pin to get some of the tension out. Wow it hurt but after wow it felt good! So I decided since my legs haven't hurt that bad in a very long time, that I would take today off.

Walking to the train after work, my legs feel good! A bit heavy, otherwise good though :) so while I am thrilled about that (and still taking today off) I wonder if it was the short, relaxed run, or the rolling pin, or both? I will need to investigate further and I have ample opportunities judging by my training schedule. This week is 3 miles Wednesday, 5 miles Thursday, 3 miles Friday, rest Saturday, and 10 miles on Sunday. sounds like a decent week only 21 miles but that's because of Sundays awesome half marathon effort!!!!!

I totally feel in a great spot running wise now. I feel prepared to start this 17 week training plan, totally committed to completing it, and for the first time in a while, I feel like I have the time to devote to putting the effort in, which has been the issue in the past.

I will continue this later, my fingers are getting to cold to be able to type properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment