Wednesday 4 January 2012

Resolutions

I have never been much of a resolutions person. I think it's crazy that people put all that pressure on themselves at the beginning of the year - talk about a buzz kill. However, I am all for doing a list of things I want to accomplish this year, what I already have on the go.

1. Running.
This is my biggest category of goals and things I have on the go by far. In 11 days I will complete the Nike+ Women's Marathon which I am really excited about. It's perfect really as its virtual so no pressure about start lines, bathroom breaks, etc. less stress is always a good thing. My big goal though is running my first marathon in May. I have been signed up since registration opened last year, and am really excited for it. I would like to complete at least one more half this year, and possibly a full. It depends of course on how all the training goes and what's available. We have our vacation planned out for the year already so this year I am limited to what is in the area, which really shouldn't be a problem either way. This year is about continuing to build an awesome base and planning for bigger things in the years to come.

2. Eat Better.
This is also something I have on the go and have improved a lot on. I make a conscience effort to have lunch on a regular basis which is something I never did even 6 months ago. I am and always will be a salad girl, but I sometimes am too quick to shove needless empty calories into my mouth. We basically don't have junk food in our house except for the occasional tortilla chips or nachos, but that's about it. Where my weakness is is sugary, super yummy coffees! Love Starbucks. LOVE IT! And so making better choices and setting a coffee limit is something I will focus on. I will not take Starbucks out of my diet, just be smarter about what I order. That's sensible and something I can do.

That's all I have for now, I will add more later I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment